Braided bread

I saw a nice picture of a braided bread on Pinterest and wanted to try it out:


Cut the dough in 8 pieces and make 8 strands. Cross them in pairs, and stuff the ends under the center.


Leave to rise and then bake.


I shall have to practice a lot more. This is not nearly as beautiful as the one I saw. Normally when I braid a bread , I  only  do it with four strands:


White Bread (2 breads)

50 g butterMelt the butter and pour in the milk. When lukewarm add the yeast and dissolve it.  Be careful it is not too hot, or it will kill the yeast. Add salt , sugar and flour. Knead and let rise till double size . Make  2 breads. Brush with whipped egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Let rise  again for ½ hour. Bake 30 minutes at 225 degrees.


6 dl milk
50 g yeast
2 tsp coarse salt
2 tsp sugar
1 kg flour
1 egg
poppy seeds


Danish




Comments