Mixed Spices - Ranch Seasoning Mix Substitute


I have found a recipe on the internet, I want to try. One of the ingredients is  Ranch Seasoning Mix. I don't suppose it is available in Denmark, but you can make a substitute yourself.
That meant I had to start dehydrating herbs. Parsley, dill and chives/onion tops were dried in the oven at 70 degrees hot air until they were dehydrated.
I made onion powder with finely chopped onions, which were also dried in the oven.

For onion powder

When they were completely dry they were blended to powder. I shall have to do the same with garlic, but I haven't made that yet.

Recipe for  Ranch Seasoning Mix:
2 tbsp dried parsley
1½ tsp dried dill
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp dried chives/onion tops
1 tsp salt

Everything is mixed together, and blended if a finer consistency is wanted. 3 tbsp of this mixture equals a packet of Seasoning Mix.

It is a bit cumbersome to make yourself, but anyhow quite nice  when you have the herbs in your garden.🌿
Danish

Comments