Hamlet Revenge! - Michale Innes

Michael Innes

Hamlet Revenge! by Michael Innes.

Hamlet Revenge is No. 2 in the  Sir John Appleby series.
I have previously blogged about No.1 : Death at the President's Lodging and
No.20: A Connoisseur's Case

I was about to give up on reading this novel, because the first part (68 pages) was about  the presentation of Hamlet at Scamnum Court, and with loads of  persons. I guess it would have been easier if you were brought up in English tradition, but I found it quite a challenge.There are 27 suspects to keep track of.  Fortunately I didn't give up, because after the fist part it caught my interest, and as in the first volume Giles Gott is involved both as director and as Appleby's sparring partner in solving both murder and espionage. A thrilling read and a surprising ending.
I will have to get hold of No. 3 : Lament for a Maker.
Danish

Comments